I can’t believe it’s been almost 7 months of not posting any good music on Soul You Know!
My closest family members and friends have been asking me for months “What’s going on with your blog”? The answer I gave them, “I’m working on it, soon”… I’m working on it soon- those words sounded good but they had deeper meaning. Since I started Soul You Know I had high hopes and dreams of only focusing on this blog and making a decent living from it. With hard work come rewards and I have received plenty but not enough to sustain a daily living from this site alone. So I decided to take a break from blogging which turned into months and months of “I’m working on it, soon”. Let me share my soul with y’all and some monthly thoughts on why Soul You Know was on a long hiatus:
- After almost three years of blogging and minimal breaks, I decided to take a 2 week break.
- This break feels too nice.. A weekend getaway with my family to Fort Myers Florida should boost my creative writing juices… On second thought, maybe I push for next month.
- My health and my family became my primary focus. My weekend getaway to Fort Myers stirred something in me to get healthy!
- Let me take another vacation to celebrate a special milestone in my life! Next month is going to be the month Soul You Know will have new content…
- Realizing this mini writing break is becoming a long vacation, but I love it! Maybe I start writing next month, but for now I will keep some of my social media sites current!
- It’s my birthday month and yes another vacation but this time to Abu Dhabi! My social media sites are still present and I’m getting some good music submissions… But I will wait for next month to restart Soul You Know!
- Okay enough is enough in my Samuel L Jackson voice from the hilarious movie Snakes on the Plane! It’s been way too long since I wrote on my blog and my family and friends are still asking what’s going on with the blog….
- The long break is over…
For the past 6+ months, my health improved tremendously and I went on numerous trips with my family that took me half way around the world but I never stop listening to music! Good soul stirring music is me and it will never cease but I had to hit the pause button on blogging and enjoy life!
I know this is a long post but I had to shed light on the truth and my soul. But I’m back now and ready to start sharing some good Soul music! Let’s go…